Be the First to Get Your Medical Cannabis Certification
Have you considered getting your medical cannabis certification in Missouri, but don’t know where to begin? We can help!
Dr. Herbert D. Dempsey, DO is now welcoming patients at Brookside Holistic Solutions to be evaluated for medical cannabis certifications. Dr. Dempsey has a board certified family practice in Lee’s Summit, Missouri and has been practicing for 30 years. It’s his goal to share information and make medical cannabis recommendations that best fit each individual’s needs.
Hours & Location
Select Saturdays each month:
10am-2pm, first come first serve
Brookside Holistic Solutions
819 NE Woods Chapel Rd
Lee’s Summit, MO 64064
What are the requirements?
To be considered for the evaluation, you:
- Must be a Missouri resident with a valid Missouri ID and at least 21 years of age
- Must provide medical records showing diagnosis of one or more qualifying medical conditions
What are “qualifying conditions?”
According to Missouri’s legalization of medical marijuana with the passage of Amendment 2 in November 2018:
- Intractable migraines unresponsive to other treatment
- Conditions that cause persistent pain or muscle spasms, including multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, and Tourette’s syondrome
- Debilitating psychiatric disorders including but not limited to, post-traumatic stress disorder, if diagnosed by a licensed psychiatrist
- A chronic medical condition normally treated with prescription medication that can lead to dependence, when a physician determines that medical marijuana could be an effective and safer treatment (most commonly used with regard to prescription opioids)
- Any terminal illness
- In the professional judgment of a physician, any other chronic, debilitating or other medical condition, including, but not limited to:
- Hepatitis C
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis/Lou Gehrig’s disease
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Crohn’s disease
- Sickle cell anemia
- Agitation of Alzheimer’s disease
- Cachexia (wasting syndrome)
- Any other chronic or debilitating medical condition that, in the professional judgment of a physician, might be helped by the use of medical cannabis.
What’s the cost?
The Medical Cannabis evaluation is a flat rate of $200. All fees must be paid in cash at the time of the evaluation.
When can I use my certification?
There are no dispensaries in Missouri yet, but they are predicted to begin opening toward the end of 2019 or early 2020. By getting your certification now, you’ll be ready to go as soon as they open!
If you have any questions, please contact us for more information.