CBD is commonly known to help with issues regarding stress, anxiety and sleep, just to name a few.
But in more recent years CBD has also been shown to help with yet another problem that plagues many: gastrointestinal issues. Is it possible that CBD could help you with your own GI symptoms?
Benefits of CBD for Gastrointestinal Issues
The human cannabinoid system plays a significant role in GI functions. Because the natural endocannabinoid system has receptors distributed throughout the body including the nervous and digestive systems, CBD can stimulate these receptors to help regulate issues in different parts of the GI system.
If you suffer from GI issues, read on to learn how CBD can potentially help to alleviate your symptoms, including the following:
- Regulate bowel movements: Numerous GI issues can affect the frequency of bowel movements. Research has shown that CBD might be able to assist with regulation of bowel movements, helping to maintain more normal stool and a regular schedule.
- Inflammation: IBS and Crohn’s disease are just a couple of GI diseases that are associated with inflammation of the digestive system. CBD offers anti-inflammatory effects that can help these conditions. CBD also has beneficial effects that may alleviate symptoms of IBS, including cramping and pain.
- Pain management: CBD is an excellent tool for pain management and relief, often offering better relief than some prescription pain meds. That’s why many sufferers of GI-related pain take hemp-derived CBD.
- Leaky gut: Leaky gut is a digestive condition in which bacteria and toxins can “leak” through the intestinal wall, causing numerous issues. CBD has the ability to repair cell membranes and restore regular permeability.
- Anti-nausea properties: CBD is a potential solution for vomiting and nausea associated with certain gastrointestinal problems and side effects from medical treatments. This is a safe and less costly option than prescription nausea medication, than can lead to other problems.
Gastrointestinal issues can lead to negative effects on a person’s quality of life. Thankfully, CBD is a safe alternative to conventional treatments that can help manage symptoms of GI and stomach issues.
Unsure if CBD can help with your gastrointestinal issues? Stop in to Brookside Holistic Solutions today and chat with one of our CBD experts.