Do you suffer from insomnia or restless sleep? Are you dealing with high levels of anxiety?
You could be magnesium deficient!
- Protect your metabolic health
- Stabilize your mood
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Lead to better sleep
- Promote heart health
- Strengthen your bones
Magnesium is one of seven essential macrominerals that your body needs to function properly; it helps to regulate the health of your bones, your muscles – including your heart, and your brain. Magnesium is not produced in your body but must be obtained from other sources like your diet. Magnesium rich foods include whole grains, leafy greens, and some seeds. This may not be enough however, and you may need of a magnesium supplement.
6 Functions of Magnesium:
- Works to produce energy in your body by activating ATP, the energy molecule that supports your body’s cells
- Acts as an electrolyte regulating your body’s fluid balance
- Aids in bone development and guards against bone loss
- Monitors blood pressure, cholesterol production, and blood glucose levels
- Regulates muscle function and heart rhythm by helping in the transport of other nutrients and minerals like calcium and potassium.
- Reduces stress and anxiety through its involvement in your body’s hormone system
Effects and Benefits of Magnesium: how this important mineral can practically help you!
- Better Sleep – Magnesium promotes deep restorative sleep by regulating healthy levels of GABA (Gammo Aminobutyric Acid) which is a neurotransmitter that works with other chemical messengers and proteins to promote a sense of calmness. This benefit of magnesium can help with restless leg syndrome as well, avoiding shallow restless sleep! With healthy levels of magnesium, you can finally rest well and awake refreshed!
- Stress Reduction – With the increase of GABA comes mood stability. Since magnesium deficiency has been linked to higher levels of stress and anxiety, the promotion of GABA helps reduce mild to moderate cases of anxiety and depression. This same attribute of magnesium can even be connected to ADHD symptom relief – reducing hyperactivity and improving cognitive function. The benefits don’t stop there! Just think of the potential uses in regulating mood swings and anxiety as PMS symptoms. Magnesium and GABA are a power team for assisting in overall calmness and mood regulation.
- Bone Health – By helping to effectively use calcium, vitamin D, and other nutrients in your body, magnesium helps with bone formation and maintains bone density. Studies show that with age, the importance of magnesium to your bones increases. The older you get, the more you should be aware of the important positive effects of magnesium on your bones.
- Cardiovascular Health – Magnesium regulates muscle function and that includes your heart! This micromineral is linked to a healthy heart rhythm, blood pressure regulation, and the healthy production of cholesterol.
- Metabolic Health – Magnesium is also associated with the regulation of blood sugar and the metabolization of glucose, leading to positive effects especially for those with type 2 diabetes.
- Pain Relief – Magnesium can not only relieve headaches but reduce pain intensity in cases like chronic lower back pain and even fibromyalgia.
Magnesium may be the crucial mineral lacking in your life! Don’t settle for magnesium deficiency; Brookside Holistic Solutions offers a variety of supplements and topical creams that use magnesium among other essential nutrients to restore and promote overall wellness. Stop by today and ask about finding the right product for you. Don’t put off better health any longer!
Please be aware that very large doses of magnesium can cause low blood pressure, irregular heartbeat, mental confusion, coma or even death.
Do not take any supplement or make any changes to your existing medication and supplement routine without consulting your doctor first.