Maybe you’re still unsure about what CBD is or perhaps you’re struggling with knowing which type of CBD product is the right path for you.
Brookside Holistic Solutions can give you the answers you’re looking for! So for those of us that get caught up in all the detail, here’s a clear introduction to CBD and the ways you can apply its use in your life! We can’t wait to help you discover better all-natural wellness!
Cannabidiol (CBD) can be extracted from both hemp and marijuana plants; the most distinctive difference is found in the levels of CBD and THC in each plant type. CBD oil sourced from industrial hemp plants contains much lower levels of the psychoactive cannabinoid THC so hemp CBD oil cannot cause the same “high” as marijuana. This hemp sourced CBD oil must contain 0.3% or less THC. This is the main concern when discussing the difference between THC and CBD.
Beyond THC and CBD, however, the cannabis plant actually carries many other cannabinoids, terpenes, vitamins and nutrients. Some people choose to use “full-spectrum CBD” in an effort to maintain all components of CBD together under the belief that CBD is more potent in a more original form. Many people instead focus on the “CBD isolate” with an opposite approach: prioritizing the extraction of the purest form of CBD which can then be made into a tincture or other products. Read more about “full spectrum CBD” and “CBD isolates” here!
TYPES OF CBD PRODUCTS
- Pure CBD Oil – this type of CBD product is probably going to be one of the most expensive types simply because it contains the highest levels of CBD. Apply the oil under your tongue (this is called sublingually) so that it can absorb into your bloodstream quickly. Pure CBD oil is pretty potent so keep in mind that “a little goes a long way.”
- CBD Oil Tinctures – this kind of CBD is very similar to the pure oils in form; it is also taken sublingually and absorbs quickly into the bloodstream; however, CBD tinctures are actually flavored with other oils or alcohol making them much palatable with flavors like mint of fruit varieties. These tinctures are generally a bit more affordable than the pure oils and are suitable for both experienced users and for beginners.
- CBD Capsules and Pills – fairly self-explanatory, CBD can also be taken in a pill form. Most people are accustomed to taking vitamins and such so pills tend to be an easy way to enjoy CBD. Because this form is absorbed through the digestive system, the effects are generally long lasting. If it couldn’t get any easier, the capsule form means that the CBD dosage is already measured for you!
- CBD Topicals – A discreet way to experience the benefits of CBD, CBD topicals come in everything from lotions to nasal sprays and the effects can last hours.
- CBD Edibles – Edibles are probably the easiest way to enjoy CBD since they are so delicious with a wide variety of options and flavors. Again, the digestive system makes this form a long-lasting experience.
Brookside Holistic Solutions is here to help you find the right product to promote your wellness; whether you’re looking for oils, tinctures, or capsules, we’ve got what you’re looking for! We also carry a selection of delicious CBD options like Gataka Chocolate, Hemp Honey, and CBD Gummies! Have questions about finding the perfect CBD product for you? Let us know! We’d be thrilled to support your wellness journey!